Haitus Kaiyote

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Who am I? And what the hell do I have to say?

My goodness have I missed putting words on paper to develop a voice so true and rich it moves others to connect (and laugh). I guess it’s my time to speak up and speak out. In order to remain authentic, I think it best to just write; therefore, there will be no censor. 

I recently moved to Austin, Texas from Tampa, Florida in the pursuit of myself. Granted, I know “they” say you create who you want to become, but I was pretty dope as a young one. I had a naturally uplifting personality. I lost that very spirit somewhere between high school and college and I have yet to see her again. There have been enough small glimpses over the past few years to cause my curiosity to peak. *Yes, I referred to myself as “her.” I may do that often. I anticipate we will discover why at a later date. Either way, I packed up my car with whatever would fit and ventured off to rediscover myself.

Now, to the fun stuff: I have been going by Candy since I can remember. I’m pretty sure I didn't learn how to pronounce my real name until I got to high school (small lie). I am 29 years old and single. I like to mingle (sorry mom) and I love to dance. I am social. I love meeting new people and holding conversations with strangers. I used to sing. I always have a song playing in my head. I’m sporadic. Because I make so many heavy decisions in my career, I often fail to make good ones in my personal life as a means to make up for the intensity of being responsible for so many lives #realtalk. I always have an opinion. I don’t think I’m always right, but I believe it most pertinent to have an opinion. That is not to be mistaken for talking out of your ass just to talk, but to think and immerse oneself in substantive conversation contributes to the depth of one’s character. I am always chasing knowledge:  the more, the better. I have a short attention span unless I am fully engaged. I have been in love (once). I slept with his best friend, on accident. I try my damndest not to judge. I should have been a comedian, but Chelsea Handler exists. That’s about as much of talking about me as I can take (white lie).

This is my journey: unfiltered, authentic, and mine. Strap up, strap on, and get ready to work on your six-pack because this shit is going to be funny. Hell, it better be.

Enjoy!
xx



1 comment:

  1. Although I have been there on your journey since day one. I truly look forward to the journey you are going to take me on with your blog. I love you! Sissy

    ReplyDelete

Ya'll come back now ya' hear!